As 2019 comes to a close, we believe that it’s important to reflect on the year that has just passed.
But it’s also important to create goals for the year ahead, because without targets in place, it can be hard to gauge what success looks like, or even know whether you are heading in the right direction.
Goal setting is often neglected, either accidentally or intentionally, as companies wait for budget sign-offs, or deal with unpredictable changes in staffing, consumer behaviour or general economic shifts. But there are some simple ways to get started.
One of the most popular frameworks is SMART - an approach developed by George T Doran where each goal has five elements:
- Specific - target an area for improvement
- Measurable - quantify or suggest an indicator of progress
- Assignable - who is responsible?
- Realistic - what results can be realistically achieved?
- Time - how soon can the results be achieved?
Take your goals to a new level
Setting goals is a great first step - but to deliver on those objectives, you’ll need to bring your team along for the ride. Talk to us about our fast-moving, one-day strategy workshops
that get you all heading in the same direction.